Friday, September 29, 2006

Round 2

I am having so much fun with this medallion that I don't want to do anything else - including sleeping or eating! Or going to work - but that goes without saying, right? We got more beautiful fabric in our class packets last night. I wasn't able to finish the second round in time for class so I was able to use some of the new fabrics in it. I just finished stitching it to the center. I did hour glass blocks because I had so many quarter square triangles left over from making the center. I also thought it was a nice way to echo the same shape. I should be able to catch up now before the next class. The next border to go on is a narrow stop border, then a 6" border with something different for the cornerstones. Once I finish that border I will be all caught up. Of course I have WAY more fabric than I need for this quilt top, so I'm thinking I may start a second and even a third medallion. There are so many neat options each month to choose from for the borders.

Tomorrow I'll be sewing for "Quilt Pink" all day. We should be able to put together two tops and backs by 4:00 p.m. tomorrow. There are two of us longarmers in the guild, so we will each quilt one. They are providing what sounds like a yummy lunch for us. I'm hoping to remember the camera so I can take some pictures to post tomorrow night.

Is there anyone else that's doing something special for Quilt Pink day?

************
Gratitudes:

1. Cool evenings
2. Wispy morning fog that speaks loudly of fall
3. Penne pasta and Italian sausage for dinner
4. Color printers
5. Quilt history books

*************

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to do something for quilt pink day but in the morning we are walking to raise money for habitat for humanity. I am thinking I might spend the afternoon working on some pink blocks - maybe make a small top to donate.

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's looking really great! I've done my duty for Quilt Pink so I'm not scheduled to do anything tomorrow. You enjoy the day!

Anonymous said...

Nothing special for me. The kids were home from college this weekend and it was homecoming at the HS, so I kind of was busy with the kids. But that is ok, it was nice to be doing things with them.

Anonymous said...

This is getting better and better. I am so loving all those fabulous fabrics!