Monday, April 30, 2007

All gone!

All the tiny triangles are now sewn together into squares. Part of me realizes that I must be nuts, while the other part of me is busy spinning ideas of how I can put these together to make a quilt. This went very quickly - helped in part by the fact that many of them were already matched light and dark with right sides together as they were trimmings from the folded square technique of sewing triangles. I usually sew those with two seams 1/2" apart so the half square triangle units are already finished. I'd not done that with these because I thought the triangles were too small!

I've now taken care of all three plastic shoe boxes of "stuff" saved for paper pieced miniatures. The squares I've dumped in with the crumbs, the narrow strips have joined the strings and now the triangle box is emptied. Some wouldn't think that's much progress as I've not actually used any of them yet, but to me three empty plastic shoe boxes is a definite step in the right direction.

I've no idea when I'll have time to press and trim them - probably a few each day for awhile. Tomorrow at Tangled Threads I'll go back to Joseph's quilt, Wednesday is spent with the kids and Thursday is guild. Friday and Saturday morning I must quilt a gift for a very dear friend. Saturday afternoon and evening will be spent with all our kids and Sunday I'll finish Rabbit Garden. Time goes very quickly when one is blessed with such a full life!
************
Gratitudes:

1. The happy sound of my featherweight
2. Artichokes and melted butter
3. Another warm spring day
4. Tissue boxes to match the bathrooms
5. Sweet dreams for Miss Sophie

************

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Very good job! I also like your gratitudes. I have some myself. We are blessed.

Carol said...

What an angel Miss Sophie is...great job emptying those bins. That is a very big accomplishment.

Unknown said...

That little girl is simply adorable - you could eat her all up just looking at her

Leslie said...

Wowee Zow! Can't wait to see what you do with those hst's. You're *not* nutz. It's great fun. I wonder the same thing about my fasination with the bitty pieces, but there's something so satisfying about it. Like something from nothing perhaps? *laughing* Nothing but effort that is!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh my gosh she is ADORABLE!

Nicole said...

What a darling baby! Is she really smiling in her sleep? She must be an angel! What a sweetheart.

Elaine Adair said...

Too sweet for words - wonder what she's dreaming about ...

Quilter Kathy said...

How adorable Miss Sophie is!!
Love that photo.

Susan said...

That is one adorable baby!

Cynthia said...

Sophie is absolutely gorgeous. She certainly is growing quickly

Jenni said...

What a beautiful photo of Miss Sophie. So sweet. She was probably dreaming about all the lovely quilts she will have as she grows up.

Linda C said...

AWWWW what a sweet picture! You have got to have that one framed and displayed somewhere at home---and of course, your wallet as well.

Lynn Dykstra said...

Great work on getting those triangles going--We will watch for what they become!
What a sweek child--enjoy her!

Lily Mulholland said...

Smiling in her sleep? What a happy little angel she is!

And yes you are nuts saving scraps that small, but hey, you are doing something with them and soon you'll be making all kinds of fabulous tops!

Well done Patti :)

Cher said...

delightful photo of miss sophie! I can totally relate to every day being filled with something! looking forward to seeing you at guild.