Friday, May 25, 2007

One down, two to go

I finished a customer quilt tonight that's a graduation gift so it had a deadline. My Tangled Thread friend Kathi made this as a gift for her next door neighbor who is graduating with honors next weekend. This was a fun easy one to do. As soon as I saw it I knew what would be perfect - swirls to go along with the block fabric. Each quilt I do freehand gets easier. I'm still far from perfect on the border but it is acceptable. I think I try to rush too much - I need to keep telling myself to "slow down!" I used a variegated thread that was absolutely perfect - I think every color in the quilt was also in the thread. I have no idea what that funny pale spot in the right border is - something the camera created when I took the picture as it's certainly not on the quilt.

I have two customer quilts left with deadlines - but these two don't have to be done until mid-month. There for a friend in my little guild, however, so I'd love to have them done by the meeting on June 7th to save her an extra trip. Then I sure hope I don't get any more for awhile. I know that's a funny thing for a "business woman" to say, but I'm selfish - I want to get back to quilting my own quilts - both for charity and for family. Especially Joseph's quilt - I'd love to have that finished by the end of June. That way I can be 100% sure it will be done by the time he arrives.

************
Gratitudes:
1. A paid vacation day and paid holiday
2. Pretty quilting thread
3. Lunch with my daughter
4. Grilled shrimp kabobs
5. Beautiful weather for gardening
************

9 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

This quilt came out great! Hope you get back to working on your own qults again soon! (the photos of Sophie are wonderful!!! You have a right to be a proud grandma!)

Carol said...

What a great job on that quilt! Your customer will be thrilled.

Suzanne Earley said...

fun quilt! i love the swirls you quilted.

Gail said...

Oh how bright and colorful- a very happy quilt, and the swirls are great.

quiltpixie said...

your freehand quilting is spurring me to "try again"... Maybe with enough practise i could get there......

Libby said...

The swirlies are just right - it's a great quilt *s*

Judy said...

I am a huge fan of those lovely threads! Perfect job!

Susan said...

What a great quilt! Kathi's friend will love it! I love the variegated thread you used. Valdani variegateds came to be my favorite quilting thread when I had a longarm.

The Chicken Lady said...

Love the quilt, love the fabrics, love the quilting.