Monday, March 10, 2008

Oriental quilt

Thought I'd show you the customer quilt I'm currently working on. It's really a beauty. Oriental fabrics and batiks make up these simple, stunning blocks. I'm happy to report that the quilt has started talking to me and my quilters block is done. I did six blocks quickly this afternoon, and went through four bobbins! I wound 20 - that's not going to be nearly enough. It's a big quilt - 113" x 125". It's going to be fabulous when it is finished.

************
Gratitudes:
1. A new digital camera
2. Quilt shows - both virtual and live
3. Signs of spring everywhere
4. Yellow forsythias in bloom

7 comments:

Silverthimble said...

Gorgeous, Patti! I totally understand the concept of listening for what the quilt is saying--on the few times I have rushed this process, I have been disappointed and ended up picking out the quilting and doing it over. Your quilting on this one is wonderful!

Ruthie said...

I love your quilting on this one.

Vicki W said...

That quilt is lovely and your quilting is perfect for it!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Wow that is a huge quilt! Glad it finally started to talk to you! You are on a roll now!

Finn said...

Hi Patti, I'm going to comment here rather than on each older post that I've missed *VBS* Have to say I love what you've done with your lists on the sidebar. If Blogger doesn't like it, tough!
The new "do" is just wonderful...wish I was that brave. Unfortunately with my silvering hair, it's not just straight and fine, it's getting a bit coarse also...not sure what that is about.
Love seeing all the pics of the older UFO's, what fun!
And Joseph? what can I say..he's adorable, and you are ONE LUCKY GRANDMA....*VBS* Big hugs all around, Finn

Pam said...

That is such a pretty quilt. Looks like a Reynola Pakusich inspired quilt! I really would love to make one of those one day - still collecting fabric for it.

Karen said...

What an interesting quilt!