Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Moving on to the next round - finally!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone - I really appreciated them! I finally went with the first - and easiest choice - the dark brown. It was the easiest because I had plenty of yardage. Using anything else would have meant either lots of piecing or more shopping and I really didn't want to do either of those things. When all is said and done I'm sure I'll like this choice just fine.

So . . . today I finished the corners of of the checkerboard and mountain border and sewed on the stopper border. Since this border wasn't one of Eileen's choices I'm now moving into uncharted territory. At least the math changes on the next border were easy! I moved my big board long enough to hang the whole thing on the design wall in the sewing room so I can see it every day - and thus - hopefully - be motivated to make the necessary 36 stars quickly for this last pieced border. As you can see two are finished, and I'm cutting out a bunch more. They sew up really quickly thank goodness. I work on two at a time, using each as the leader-ender for the other. My goal is to have this border finished by the middle of next weekend. Then all that will be left is an 8 1/2" wide plain chintz border. Hopefully I can have another finished flimsy by the end of next weekend!

15 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, the fabrics. To DIE for :-).

Lissa Jane said...

oh my gosh Patti.. its looking wonderful, the brown float is perfect... good luck working on those stars!


Lissa

Sweet P said...

oooooo . . . I like how the quilt is coming along.

Anonymous said...

Oh my !!! 34 stars by the middle of next weekend !!?? Tell me your secret !! And this brown border is a good decision !! that will emphasize the center of the quilt.

Unknown said...

The brown was the perfect choice - looking great!

Lily Mulholland said...

Wow Patti - it looks great! Only 34 stars eh? Easy peasy! LOL

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful scrappy quilt - it's coming along very nicely :-)

Teresa said...

Wow..how big is this quilt going to be. I love the way it looks so far, you are doing a great job!

Susan said...

Another flimsy..... And it will be such a lovely one.

Ann J said...

Thanks for the message on my Blog - if my medalion turns out ANYTHING like this I will be very happy!Its just beautiful !!

Anonymous said...

What a great quilt and perfect colour choices!!!

Stacy A. said...

Patti, I think you made a great choice. Seeing it from a distance, I think the dark brown fits perfect and really ties in to the rest of it. Good luck on the stars! Can't wait to see whats next. Love Stacy

Rhonda said...

The quilt looks great. Love all the colors.

Anonymous said...

Hello! I am inloved with your blog and every one of your works!
Sorry, but my English is not very good!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Just beautiful Patti...