Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Done!

Pillow production has drawn to a close, and I've crossed one more item of my list of UFO's. The six Christmas friendship blocks are now three completed pillows, ready to grace the couch and entry bench come December. All the blocks are signed and dated - 1995. What a great feeling to cross another truly ancient UFO off my list! I also finished the two stitchery pillows after a morning trip to Fabric Depot for 12" pillow forms.
The Ghoulies and Ghosties stitchery is dated 1965 and has the initials of my maiden name stitched before the date! It will go on our bed once the fall quilt comes off and the blue quilt goes back on in December. The pilgrim pillow is all ready to put on the entry bench the day after Halloween when the rest of the Thanksgiving decorations replace the witches, jack-o-lanterns and ghosts.

With these finishes I very happily crossed off another of my 2008 goals - the number of UFO's that are still in the unfinished top stage has dropped below ten - eight total to be exact. And seven of those eight should be easily finished to the flimsy stage, so I hope to have only one left by the end of the year. I'm not sure what has helped me the most - I'd love to say it was the goal setting I did at the beginning of the year, but I'm pretty sure retirement had a great deal more to do with it LOL!

6 comments:

Ruthie said...

Good for you! It's great to have any kind of finishes. The pillows are cute as can be.

Jeanne said...

Way to go, Patti! The pillows look terrific!

Tine said...

Those pillows are so cute! Reminding me to get ready for Christmas!

antique quilter said...

looking forward to seeing a picture of the bench with the new pillows on it.
The Christmas pillows will look great on the couch.
what a sense of accomplishment you must have.
ahhhh retirement....so glad you did that.

Miri said...

Great pillows and a great accomplishment. I'm seriously
impressed-the oldest piece I'm finishing for the challenge is from 1993.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh finishes! You have been busy! How are those adorable grandbabies? Did I tell you Holly just got engaged - so a new phase in my life! She is already driving me nuts with wedding plans!