Saturday, October 18, 2008

More mindless sewing

Thanks for all the well wishes - I'm very slowly but surely starting to feel a bit better. I still have little energy for either activity or deep thought, so I've continued working on simple things.

I now have backs for every one of my finished quilt tops - that alone has given me a feeling of great accomplishment. The final top needing a back was a Christmas wall hanging made from friendship blocks given to me by current and past Threads - six blocks in all. I wasn't happy with how I set them together, and when I looked at the top yesterday I realized I'd never be happy with it. The six 12" blocks were set together in a boring two by three lattice arrangement - too big for a table runner and too long and narrow for a wall hanging. When I looked at them yesterday I realized immediately what the perfect solution would be. I spent last evening picking apart the seams, and tomorrow I will sew them into three Christmas pillows!

Today I shifted my focus to the spring exchange blocks I posted a few days ago. I'm happy to say they are now three finished pillows, and a trio of three small quilts that will be perfect hanging together in the hall next spring. It won't take much time at all to quilt and bind those three hangings - that will be my next hand project. That leaves only the clothesline block, which for now has been added to the drawer of orphan blocks.

Doing all this has given me a good sense of accomplishment - small projects are great that!

5 comments:

Hanne said...

The cushions are cute :-)
Feel better real soon Patti !

antique quilter said...

good for you finishing these blocks into pillows and the wallhangings do look great together.
So glad your finally feeling better.
Hopefully even better today.
enjoy your Sunday
Kathie

Vicki W said...

That's a lot accoplished! I love the 3 Spring wall hangings - very cute!

swooze said...

Wow if I count right that is about 25 backings. I bet you are almost our of stash too! LOL! Great accomplishment...good for you.

Ila K. said...

Good for you! Getting backings ready is one of my procrastination points (of which there are too many).

The pillows are great! Makes me look forward to spring, and it's not even winter yet!