Thursday, December 18, 2008

The "S" word!


The weather folks have been telling us for at least 5 days that we were to get more snow. Everyone around us got lots - several inches at our son's house and enough in the school district where DH works that he's had no school since Tuesday. But all we had was VERY low temperatures for us - the high teens in the day time and low teens at night. We got snow - tiny little pellets that looked like that pellet ice cream and blew away almost as fast as it fell. I was SO disappointed.

Then yesterday the temperature started to rise. It got above freezing for the first time in almost a week. And this morning about 6:30 a.m., as I was heading to Starbucks and then to watch Joseph, it really started to snow. It's still above freezing - 34 - so finally the flakes a huge and feathery and it's piling up on the ground and trees. I'm ecstatic! Fred is home so I called him, told him how to use the camera, and asked that he take pictures for my blog. He hardly ever takes pictures so hopefully he got some good ones that I can post when I get home! In the meantime I'm going to try taking some with my cell phone.
Stay tuned!

No comments: