Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Happy December!

Are you ready for Christmas? It's only 16 days away according to the calendar on the wall here at the kids' house. I'm baby sitting Joseph at the moment and enjoying their tree as ours isn't up yet. The Christmas stuff is all over the living room and it makes me tired just looking at it. A conversation with a good friend last night brought me to the conclusion that it's time to pass on many of our Christmas decorations to someone else. I'm keeping what I love and what is special to us, but giving away the rest. Kids get first choice of course. Then the rest goes to Goodwill. I want to get that done this week so people shopping for this year will have a chance at them.

So how has everybody been? Not only have I been a very bad blogger - I've also been a bad reader of blogs. I've been knitting, camping, reading, playing games and probably wasting a lot of time (thanks to a close friend who got me started playing Facebook games). I've not been quilting, but the urge is coming back. Hopefully by January I'll be back in action quilty-wise.

Notice, I've changed the name of the blog. Felt a bit strange talking about knitting on a quilting blog. So now it's more a bit of everything - though it really was a bit like that before.

I do have pictures - 1400 of them! - from the August cruise. I've just not gone through them yet! I will one of these days, and then I'll post a few here. We did have a great time!

In case anyone is interested - here is a link to my notebook on Ravelry. There you will see that I'm building a yarn stash (no surprise there!). I also have pictures of projects: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/hardenbrookgirl. (I see things have changed here - I can't seem to turn a highlighted word into a link any more. I wonder why).

I'm going to try to get back to posting much for often. I really am!

12 comments:

Carol said...

Oh Patti, I am so happy to see you post again. I have missed your interesting posts of what you are doing and photos of projects you always have going....any kind of project! Hope you get back in the blogging habit. Can't wait to see your trip pictures as well. We went to Alaska this summer, too. A week of salmon fishing. Was a wonderful change from Texas!

Carol said...

Great to hear from you Patti! You've been missed.

Silverthimble said...

I am so glad to see you back! My husband and I also cruised to Alaska this year--what a fabulous time we had! I look forward to reading your blog on a regular basis again.

mereth said...

I'm also glad to see you come back, I only wondered the other day what had happened to you.You seemed to get so much done it was an inspiration. I don't care if it's knitting or quilting or piecing or cooking or whatever, post the lot and I'll enjoy it.

Juliann said...

Good to see you back and I look forward to hearing about your knitting. I am getting sidetracked by yarn lately too.

Jan PATEK said...

Glad you're back. We've missed you and your posts. I don't have trouble getting sidetracked by yarn (you'd know why if you saw the sweater I knit Pep years ago - 3 of him would have fit in it) but do love to look at it and see all of the awesome colors. Hope you had a good rest. Jan

Mary Johnson said...

I've given up on knitting for now. I just can't seem to do knit and quilt. I just don't seem to finish the knitting projects I start.

I stay behind on blog reading...

Darlene said...

Hi Patti - nice to 'see' you! I think of you often, don't be a stranger. I'm glad you're enjoying life.

Hanne said...

It's good to see you again Patti :-)

Wendy in WNY said...

So glad I can have my morning coffee with you and your blog again Patti.

Becky said...

What a treat to have a post from you! I most definitely missed your blog updates. My posts have been very infrequent, too. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

check out this new quilting blog!
http://noahsarkquilting.blogspot.com/