Thursday, February 21, 2013

Finally after all these years . . .

My friend Kathie - "Inspired by Antique Quilts" - and I have talked about doing a project in tandem for years.  Over that time we've talked about it, tossed ideas around, but never came to a decision.  And then I "left" for two years.  I guess it just wasn't time yet.

We've decided that this year is IT.  We've chosen a project.  She has her pattern, and I'm waiting for mine to arrive.  I hope it comes fast enough for us to start the first week of March.  We are both using reproduction fabrics, but I'm sure they will still be quite different.

We chose "Stars and Sprigs" by Kim McLean.  I've admired Kim's patterns for years, but this is the first one I've purchased.  We are going to shoot for one pieced and one applique block per week.


I have a name for my quilt already - "Friends in Tandem".  I see many, many inches of tiny bias strips in my near future.  I'll have to find my bias bars.

This is going to be so much fun! 

5 comments:

regan said...

Hope you both will show your progress on this project! I love that pattern.....it's going to look so beautiful in repros! Can't wait!

Dorothy said...

You'll love the little applique blocks. I've made the Stars but haven't got any further.

antique quilter said...

I have been pulling fabrics and thinking about the color palette to use for sure.
It will be nice comparing blocks each week.
Kathie

Holly said...

I love this quilt and very tempted to order the pattern too. The border reminds me of Susan McCord's work. I'm a big fan of her's. She lived not far from me.

sewkalico said...

Oh this will be so beautuful!!
If you're wondering why I'm commenting on this post... I was looking for the Double wedding ring quilt and stumbled on this - gorgeous!!