Tuesday, September 3, 2013

What's going on . . .

I needed some handwork these last few days, so I completed this little top.  Super simple applique and piecing.  Another finished top to add to the list.

Dash of Spring designed by Jan Patek
I've put away the machine and piecing for now to give me a work table for my new applique project.  It's been a VERY long time since I did a complex applique design.  This will be the first time I've used an overlay.  I'm eager to try it.  Previously I used the light box with the fabric over the pattern and pinned pieces in place.  Many pieces mysteriously migrated a bit as they were sewn down.  Not a good thing when the design is as complex as these.  This is the third of the overlays - two done and one nearly done.  I'm so eager to start choosing fabrics for these blocks!  I'm very excited, as this will be done from all those stacks of non-reproduction fabrics!


I'm sure everyone is waiting for me to do the drawings - I've just not gotten around to doing it.  By the end of this week for sure!

4 comments:

sewkalico said...

Wow! That is seriously intricate. I'm sure it will be glorious, but I'd be too afraid to even tackle it!

cityquilter grace said...

patti...a HUGE project but destined to be an heirloom, i can see that right away....can't wait to see it in progress...

Teresa said...

Wow, that is a beauty. I have not used an overlay for appliqué before, and will be watching to see how this project progresses

Teresa said...

Wow, that is a beauty. I have not used an overlay for appliqué before, and will be watching to see how this project progresses